Join a Support Team
Sunrise is a volunteer-powered movement. We've found that when we openly ask for the help we need, people are willing to offer whatever they can. We update this list regularly.
Email email@example.com if you can meet any of the needs here. Thank you!
Volunteer Tasks - No Experience Required
- Electoral Organizing Fellows. Live in a Sunrise Movement House and work full-time learning the skills of electoral organizing and community organizing, while helping elect leaders in key districts who are standing up to fossil fuel billionaires. Positions open January 2018 - November 2018, with some flexibility for positions of varying lengths. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for interest and check out this full description.
- Political Research Team. Research candidates, connect with partner organizations, and help select which electoral races Sunrise works in for 2018.
- Grant Researchers. Research grant opportunities with the fundraising team.
- Major Donors Coordinator. Find, track, engage, and build personal relationships with individuals who will or have invested in the growth and success of Sunrise.
- Data team. Send emails, sort and analyze data. No experience required, but detail oriented people are major keys.
- Website team. Update our website and help us make it easily navigable.
- Social Media. Post to our Sunrise Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter to keep our followers in the loop and fired up about Sunrise.
Volunteer Tasks - Experience Required
Grant Writers. Write grant applications to fund the movement with the fundraising team.
Video Editor. Help make electric movement videos that highlight Sunrise events and people across the country.
IT wizard. We need someone to maximize the potential of our Action Network database. Having well-kept data will be essential to us swinging elections in 2018.
- Web design wizard. Make updates to our website to keep it looking clean and easily navigable.
- Other. You have skills we haven’t even dreamed of yet! You know you do. Bring ‘em to the movement.